University of Minnesota – 2013
• Masters degree in Architecture
University of Wisconsin Stout – 2006
• Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management
Dunwood College of Technology – 2006
• Associates of Applied Sciences degree in Architectural Drafting and Estimating
Villamil Architecture 2017-Present
• Architecture firm that utilizes technology and a hands on approach to design and construction.
Dunwoody School of Technology 2015-2021
• Teaching Architecture.
Wold Architects & Engineers 2013-2015
• Working with a team of architects and engineers producing architecture for the community. Designing public environments and working with clients to meet their goals.
CMA Architecture 2006-2008
• Had several different responsibilities ranging from drafting and designing Starbucks Coffee shops to managing Best Buy remodels. Worked on establishing CAD Standards for our office as well as for clients like Buffalo Wild Wings.
Carlson & Carlson Surveying Company 2004-2005
• Was responsible for taking field survey data and drafting up legal survey documents. Landscape plans were developed for a variety of different clients requiring a knowledge of water management and code requirements.
Makers Mark Construction 2000-2003
• Worked on framing high end single family houses and townhomes from the foundation up. Translating construction documents into a reality required a thorough understanding of the projects and an ability to problem solve without deviating from the projects intent.
• AIA member and practicing architect in the state of Minnesota.
• Applied this knowledge when getting a Best Buy store in Chicago LEED Certified. This sustainable knowledge has been helpful for many projects that are focusing on sustainable design.
• Gaining certification as a documents technician is one of the many forms of ongoing education that I have been involved in while developing my professional skills.
• 2014 St. Paul Prize Design Winner
• Speak Spanish as a second language